Custom Designed Coatings
Siltint specialises in designing bespoke coatings for your photonics requirements and has ongoing development programmes to improve coatings for high performance systems. All standard processes can be modified to move the design up or down the wavelength scale to meet specific applications.
Almost all Siltint’s standard and customised coatings can be applied utilising Leybold’s APS argon gas plasma technology.
Whilst absorption loss is acceptable for many simple systems, in systems using high powers or with multiple reflections, the absorption losses of metal mirrors are unacceptable. The solution lies in the application of dielectric quarter-wave coating stacks and Siltint can design and apply such stacks for mirrors centred at customer specified wavelengths.
- Wide range of dielectric mirrors to suit all applications
- Dielectric mirrors for laser and high powered light applications (hot/cold mirrors)
- Laser mirrors that exhibit high reflectivity and low scatter absorption for maximum power density thresholds
- Durability of all coatings to the highest MIL specifications
- Ultrasonic cleaning systems prepare the surface of the substrate to provide maximum adhesion and minimum contamination
Siltint’s advanced APS gas plasma technology ensures that the coatings are environmentally stable and higher surface damage thresholds can be achieved. Additionally, this technology enables the deposition of coatings onto temperature-sensitive substrates.