Optical Filters and Beamsplitters
Custom Designed Coatings
Siltint specialises in designing bespoke coatings for your photonics requirements and has ongoing development programmes for improved coatings for high performance systems. All standard processes can be modified to move the design up or down the wavelength scale to meet specific applications.
Almost all Siltint’s standard and customised coatings can be applied utilising Leybold’s APS argon gas plasma technology.
As well as standard high/low pass filters Siltint offers bandpass, notch and colour dichroic filters in the UV, visible and NIR regions to customers specifications.
Beamsplitters, used to separate different polarisation states and/or wavelengths of light, are available for both low power and high power applications. As a specialist coating company, Siltint is able to design and produce almost any multi-layer coating to meet a given specification.
- Dichroic colour filters for high-power lighting applications
- Laser quality beamsplitters and filters for high-power systems
- Bandpass interference filters with accurately controlled centre wavelength and high transmission of band pass
- Filters in the UV region that utilise specialist materials to minimise coating absorption
- Ultrasonic cleaning systems prepare the surface of the substrate to provide maximum adhesion and minimum contamination
Laser Protection Filters
Siltint manufactures a range of laser protection filters at most wavelengths with optical densities of >5 with a high damage threshold.
Plasma assisted deposition
Siltint’s advanced APS gas plasma technology ensures that the coatings are environmentally stable and higher surface damage thresholds can be achieved. Additionally, this technology enables the deposition of coatings onto temperature sensitive substrates such as polycarbonate or very thin plastics.